Skip to main content

Theatre Review 3: Bat Out Of Hell

Bat Out Of Hell Review


I didn't have a huge knowledge of Meatloaf other than songs such as I Would Do Anything For Love, however when I made the decision to go again to this years West End Live and I got to see the cast, I knew that it was something I had to see. I was playing Meatloaf none stop and then we booked tickets for it. Best Night! The story follows the love story of Raven and Strat and the people they surround themselves with. It's a story of ups and downs and forbidden love. However, I won't give away the story line because it's something you have to see.

Cast- Strat - Andrew Polec
         Raven - Christina Bennington
         Falco - Rob Fowler
         Sloane- Sharon Sexton
         Tink - Aran Macrae
         Zahara- Danielle Steers
         Jagwire- Dom Hartley-Harris
         Ledoux- Giovanni Spano
         Blake - Patrick Sullivan

Rating - 9.8/10

Strat- The characters that carries this musical, he is an amazing lead and Andrew Polec is born for this role. You absolutely love this character his dedication to those he loves whether that be Raven or Tink there is something amazing and his passion towards everything. 

Raven- I loved Raven she depicts a girl edging for freedom and she sells it beautifully during a period of contemporary dancing from her you see how trapped she is as a character. You also see how much she loves everyone and wants the best for everyone and wants to be herself as well. 

Falco- Falco is that character that you hate to love, as much as Falco does I still couldn't hate him, even though he presents a lot of obstacles for the majority of the character you see through the song of What Part of my Body Hurts the Most, how he is just wanting to protect people and really he is full of love. I also am still mind blown about the water trick at the end of the musical. 

Sloane- Sloane is one of those characters who I don't know how I feel about, because you can see how much she adores Falco however, I think she makes some poor decisions through regarding him after you see he is not as strong as he makes out. 

Tink - Tink is a vital part of this story who absolutely tugs at your heart string, as a more of an immature character which you see throughout you see how much of a leader Start is and when he tries to fix things for himself he ends up in trouble and to see how much he mean't to all of the other members of The Lost you saw how much of a group they were. 

Zahara- Zahara is one of the most dominant and empowered characters I've seen in theatre in a long time. She knows what she wants, she knows what's made her the woman she is, and she knows where she is going and how to make things right for her "family" The Lost. Her relationship with all the characters and how she mothers Raven is absolutely beautiful and she has some amazing songs and she also shows a weak side when she sings Two Outta Three. 

Jagwire- Jagwire is a head strong character who a lot like Zahara knows exactly what he wants, and he won't give up when is shown through one relationship of his. He is also has a beautiful moment at the beginning of Act 2 where he reassembles a group that is falling apart and makes them strong and empowers them as a group. Shows how he isn't just as tough as he makes out. 

Ledoux and Blake - Ledoux and Blake are characters who maybe aren't as noticeable however, in songs such as Objects in the Rear View Mirror show a deeper side to them especially when you see the struggles they have had to deal with and also they show how much of a family this group is.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again!

Lydia xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: One, The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me

Book Review: One I have decided to start doing book reviews as I would love to get back into reading again because as a kid I never could put a book down. Slowly as I started secondary school I began to think reading was "stupid" but I still love reading but I just don't read. I would like this to be a motivation to start reading again. Book Review Number One Name: The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me Author: Lucy Robinson Month Read: May Rating: 9/10 The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me by Lucy Robinson I ordered this book back before my holiday to Portugal in May it arrived a week before I was to leave. I was so excited to read it after reading the synopsis on Amazon that I couldn't wait a week to start reading it so I started immediately, I couldn't put the book down but I had to because otherwise I would of had nothing to read on holiday.  I arrived in Portugal and being the unsociable teenager I am was devastated to find out I

A Letter To 2016

Dear 2016,                            I will not lie this year has been a challenge for me personally and it was the beginning of a lot of changes in almost every aspect of my life, but it has really shaped me as a person and has defined myself to myself. Yet the people who have entered and left my life really stick out to me, because I think that really depicts me year.  I have learnt that building bridges and making up with people who you thought you had lost is important. I didn't lose anyone this year but I did a lot of looking back at people who voluntarily left my life and it showed me that I should appreciate those who are in my life, because one day they'll leave by no choice, and you should cherish everyone why they are still on this earth. I have also learn't that when I have previously placed the blame on someone else due to the lack of relationship but in order for a relationship to work it is a two way street and that I am also to blame. That's why to